Hi there! A few days ago, I posted about my daytime skincare/ makeup routine for my very sensitive, acne-prone skin. My daytime products, honestly, are mostly designed just to not-bother my skin. It’s hard enough to find ones that do that, let alone actually help my skin! So I save my more treatment-oriented products for nighttime.
Here we go…
- Almost immediately after I get home from work, I take off my pants (duh) (anyone who says they don’t do that is lying) and my makeup. I try to use Neutrogena Ultra Gentle Cleanser, but if I’m super lazy, I use Simple Micellar Water. (That stuff is BOMB and leaves my skin feeling soft, healthy, and plump. Except it doesn’t fully remove makeup. Boo.
- Swipe on some more apple cider vinegar cut with mineral water. It’s a natural exfoliant and helps get rid of flakes.
- If I’m experiencing a breakout (ok, when am I not? This is for when my skin is especially broken out) I swipe a Noxema Acne Pad on my face– but gently. These pads are seriously abrasive. I let that soak in.
- Now here’s the holy grail. I wake up in the morning and my acne scars are diminished, flakes are brushed away, and zits are smaller. BodyMerry Retinol Surge Moisturizer is EVERYTHING. It’s relatively cheap for the amount you get and for the quality of ingredients: retinol (the most potent form of Vitamin A, which helps to fade scarring), jojoba oil, shea butter, green tea, and Vitamin E for soothing, and hyaluronic acid, for plumping. If my skin is especially dry or stressed out, though, I use Boots Sensitive Skin Moisturizer.
- For serious stubborn spots, I dot on Nelson’s Pure & Clear after everything is soaked in. It’s not particularly amazing, but it does diminish zit size without much drying.
- Occasionally, I use a Vitamin C and exfoliating peel from Ahava for scar fading benefits.
And that’s all, folks!